Basant Panchami Special- Saffron Sweet Rice to serve as bhog to the lord.
In basant yellow colour marks the arrival of spring.Thus lord adorns yellow colour clothes and is offered bhog of yellow colour dishes specially.It also used as bhog in Goddess Saraswati Pooja.
Saffron Sweet Rice:
• 2 cups Rice Grains
• 1 ½ cups Sugar
• 3 tbsp Ghee
• 4 Cardamoms
• 10-12 chopped Cashew Nuts
• 10-12 Raisins
• 10 chopped Almonds
• 10 chopped Pistachios
• 1/4 tsp Saffron, dissolved in 1 tsp milk
• Wash the rice grains, put 1tsp ghee and boil it in the water in a pot.
• When the rice is ready strain it.
• Take rest of the ghee, raisin and sugar then add it to the rice, Put it on simmer.
• After they blend well add cardamom powder, almonds, cashew nuts, pistachios, saffron.
• Your hot saffron sweet rice is ready to serve.
Enjoy Basant Panchami with this recipe and offer variety of bhogs to your deity.